- To achieve technical capability and tools for modelling the SEG and SEDMES reactors at pilot and industrial scale:
- Through different levels of model complexity for optimization purposes and for detailed reactor analyses.
- Including the models for chemical reactions, fluid flow and energy transfer in the reactors.
- Calibration and validation of models based on the experimental data from the test facilities.
- To determine the best configurations, process variables, and heat integration options of the full scale FLEDGED process.
- To compare the overall performance of the SEG-SEDMES process with benchmark processes for DME production from biomass.
- To guide the selection of the industrial plant designs to be considered in the engineering study in WP5 and LCA and risk analysis in WP6.
What’s going on now…
- Initial process integration study of the FLEDGED process @ Polimi
- Development of 0-D and 1-D SEG models @ CSIC and LUT
- Development of SEDMES reactor models @ ECN part of TNO and Polimi